Sunday, June 5, 2011

Ugly to Beautiful

My table has taken some major abuse over the past 9 years. It has traveled across the country twice and received some water damage. Then having 3 kids has done a lot of abuse. It was very sad looking. It's solid oak and I knew that I could fix it, I was just scared to touch it. I finally got the guts to fix it. Heck, I couldn't make it worse.
Soo ugly

Can you tell where the kids sit?

After years of being on the summer project list and never really wanting to do it because of the process and time. I was very surprised that it only took 1 hour to sand down. I also found a stain-polyurethane that cut down the amount of steps.  I also only did the top, it would take me weeks to finish the whole table and 6 chairs. I'll buy new table before I do that. Anyways there the "new" table.



No comments:

Post a Comment